this is a blog to voice my personal opinions, share some cool stuff and basically sling my crap all over the place.

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by nickchin - - 0 comments


Paypal, over 10 years ago i opened an account with you guys and over the course of 10 years ive probably spent $30,000 and sold about half of that in things over the years. No problems, no disputes, no negative feedback, nothing! Last month, i went through my storage and realized i had so many things i probably wont use or need anymore - eBay to the rescue!


In just about a month, ive sold about $4,000 and spent about $350 in ebay listing fees, photo fees, paypal fees and whatnot. And spent about $2000 to buy other things on Ebay. Hey this is working out pretty good, got rid of a bunch of stuff and getting a couple dollars for things that would have otherwise just collected dust.

Then, out of the blue, I get an account limitation from PayPal. No problem, right? After speaking with a rep there, Julie; she said it was a random account inspection and just needed up to date information about me and my company. Two hours later all the requested items were sent off to paypal. This process should have taken 24 hours, okay no big deal, i can wait. Then after 48 hours i decide to call them again. They are requesting additional information, this time suppliers information. Ummm Okay, here ya go! Sent.

So, i patiently waited another 48 hours for everything to process and gave them a call back. They have decided to terminate my account and offered no reason why... When i asked them why, the brilliant customer service agent simple said, "sir, this is our business and at time we here at paypal are not interested in doing business with u, and as it is our business we are not and do not need to provide you any information as to how or why this has happened to your account." Saying i was shocked would be an understatement. I had no idea why or how?



I have not had any complaints, disputes and i have since emailed all customers related to recent history and they all say the same thing, "i got the item and it's just what i needed, no problem" If that is the case, what promted paypal to do this?

What does the ending look like? Well, basically they hold my funds in their accounts for 180 days and then i can withdraw it at that time. This is to facilitate disputes since buyers have 180 days to claim a refund. I have asked them if i provide the tracking number and positive feedback from the buyers and the response was, "sorry, it doesn't matter, we at paypal reserve the right to freeze these funds until 180 days. Just brilliant.

Now back to ebay, i still have about 30 items for sale there totally maybe $15,000 - and just my luck someone bought an item from me for $365 and guess what? Because paypal has put a limitation on my account, i cannot edit, relist or remove my active auctions. So... let's say someone decides to BUY an item for $2,500... they can sent payment but i wont get the money for 180 days. Amazing huh?

This is a copy/paste from paypal control panel:

What can't I do while my account is limited?

send money
withdraw money from your account
close your account
remove a card
remove a bank account

What can I do while my account is limited?

receive or request money
update your account information
add money to your account
add a card
add a bank account
send refunds
use PayPal logos in your auction listings or on your website


Wouldn't you think they would say hey, since we arent giving you your money for 180 days, we wont be accepting any of your money either; but nope. So close any active auctions you got open.

I wish there was a way to escalate this issue but as the last rep told me, their decision is final and absolute.

So, no real evidence or reason, just vague innuendo...



this is so frustrating... I guess in 180 days i will be able to withdraw the $1,500 they are holding. 

Leave a Reply