this is a blog to voice my personal opinions, share some cool stuff and basically sling my crap all over the place.

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by nickchin - - 0 comments

With the year ending and everyone, everywhere is scrambling to get things done, i find myself in the same stress induced dilemma. Today, before i catch a flight to another distant land i took a second and realized (as i have so many times) that the things that mean the most are flashing before my eyes. In this blog post i want to introduce you to one of my favorite nephew/cousins Chris. His dad Ryan was like my little sister growing up except of course, he isn't my sister, but i think you get the point. Actually, he is my dad's brother, although younger than me by a few years. By now i'm sure you're wondering a few things, let's just say my Grand Dad hasnt hung his spurs up yet! Growing up, i considered him my lil' brother, and hell no i did not call him uncle!  hahahh so a few years ago he got married to the coolest, sensible, smart, good looking girl and she can cook!  I guess that was sorta the first realization that life is moving at such a rapid pace. I'm not even close to anything like that and here comes Chris. If ice had a role model, it would be Chris. The coolest ever, however, he knows it and knows just how to tug on your heartstrings when he is ready.



Chris at maybe 2 years old... enjoying boooooost!
The experience of riding in a turbocharged (boosted) car is unreal and even baby Chris knows it! Chin blood strong.





This is Chris dancing some Ska to "Eek a Mouse"! 4 years old and it seems like he is just going way too fast! He needs to slow down.





And lastly... for now is Chris still 4, after about a week of playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare he has gotten addicted to the terrorists in the game saying "saka la halla" Wish i knew what he was saying but it was too funny. Had to share.


Seems that everyone is getting married and having babies. Brings me to a grass is greener moment. Grass seems so green and lush, but maybe there is a boatload of manure and a much higher water bill to get it so green. LOL. 


Either way, for now i will enjoy being the awesome uncle to Chris and his brother Jakey (also a super cool kid, love him plenty). Yea, for now i'll skip diaper duty and play some xbox 360 and other ill sh*t with 'em. Hmmm next milestone will have to be about 15-16... i wonder if Mommy & Daddy will let me take their boys to Cuba for a monumental experience.  I think i'll have a few years to soften them up! Recheck list... ohh yea i guess i can take 'em hunting, fishing and go-karting until then. 

Moral of my post? Take a minute and reflect on some of the things that mean something to you and just enjoy the moment. No matter what you're pursuing, whether be it money, fame, recognition or power, it will mean nothing in the grand scheme of thing. >>>> live.life.livity. 



Leave a Reply